Elephants

Elephants

Friday, December 30, 2011

So ready for 2012!!

I have been busy this week while on break from school and work to organize my life....so far so good!  I have kitted up my 15 projects for the big 2012CrazyCrossStitch challenge to start on January 1st :)  So excited!  And here are my two big finishes that I gave as gifts this Christmas:

For Josh - Darth Vadar - only used 310 DMC on Red Jobelen. Then I sewed up a piece of black cloth to make a border for the frame. Pattern is from http://www.myphotostitch.com/blog/tag/darth-vader
It was a lot of fun to stitch - no color changes!  And I started it in September and worked on it on an off, in front of Josh, who never really questioned what it was until he unwrapped it Christmas morning!




















For Rob - Golf Shoe that I framed with a pic of him golfing from the tournament in Boston this past August.  I started the cross stitch on that trip too - finished it pretty quickly, and thanfully I found the perfect frame to put it in!  I am hoping he brings it to work to hang up since he doesn't have any 'space' in our house!  Pattern from http://www.patternsonline.com/Patterns/DownloadPat.aspx?P=6754 and I inscribed my own wording - done on Aida with DMC floss.














That is it for now!  Off to work on some WIP's before the new projects start on Sunday :)  Thanks for reading (I actually have some followers to my blog - how cool!)

Kristi

No comments: